Active Older Adults
We’re proud to support our military and active older adults with special membership opportunities. The Y also offers financial assistance for kids, teens, families, and adults in need of assistance.
|SilverSneakers||100% off of Full Privilege Individual Membership|
|Optum Renew Active||100% off of Full Privilege Individual Membership|
|Military & First Responders||10% off Full Privilege Memberships|
All of these offerings will receive 100% off of the Joining Fee.
OPTUM Renew Active & SILVERSNEAKERS
Am I Eligible?
These special membership offerings are for adults who qualify under their Medicare health plan. If you are unsure of your eligibility you can: talk to your health care provider, check online, or come to either Edwardsville YMCA location and our staff will help determine your eligibility.
What Do I Need For Registration?
When you come in please bring your Healthways ID card or insurance card. You will need to fill out the application and waiver forms at the desk.
Helping Our Heroes
Military & First Responders Memberships
Military Members and First Responders do so much to keep our families and neighbors safe, and the Y wants to support their efforts to stay strong, relieve stress and find balance in their lives.
Become a member today with no joining fee and get 10% off your Full Privilege Membership! This offer is our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country, keeping our neighborhoods safe and enriching our lives through prayer and reflection.
*Must present proof of employment OR valid military ID when joining.
Active military personnel, who are visiting the area on leave and their dependents, will be extended the benefit of using the Edwardsville YMCA facilities at no charge. This benefit will be limited to a maximum of 30 days annually. Fill out the Active Military Fee Waiver form (download – military-guest-form.pdf) and return to the Membership Director prior to your visit to get extended guest pass approved. Walk-in requests can fill out a waiver form at the front desk, show proof of eligibility, and receive a pass at that time. This applies to membership fees only. All other fees for programs apply.
Proof of Eligibility:
- Individuals – a copy of your orders that state you are on active duty or present your ID card that indicates you are a member of an active component.
- Dependents – for dependents to be included in the membership they must meet the military’s definition of dependents.
YMCA Military Outreach
Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Eligible Military Families and Personnel:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Eligibility is for Title 10 personnel only
To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at http://www.militaryonesource.com or (800) 342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the
- Edwardsville YMCA for verification (please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA).
- Fill out a membership application at the Edwardsville YMCA service desk.
Our Military Kids
If you or your spouse are in the National Guard or Reserves and are deployed overseas, Our Military Kids can help pay for sports, fine arts and tutoring programs for your children. For more information on this program go to http://www.ourmilitarykids.org/
Please contact our Senior Member Services Director, Erin Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Erin Richardson (Niebur (Esic): (618) 656-0436) or Colton Beehn (Meyer: (618) 655-1460) for more information about our Special Membership Offerings