YMCA Lended Assistance
Youth Development & Childcare
- Summer Camp
- Early Childhood Development Center
- Drop-in Childcare
- Senior (Active Older Adults)
- Special Needs Programming: ACCESS and Interaction
- Active Older Adults
- Family Programs
- Youth Sports
- Health and Wellness
- Aquatics: Swim Lessons
- Arts and Humanities
Contributions to our Annual Campaign go directly towards assisting those in need through our Financial Assistance Program.
If you would like to apply for financial assistance, please download our form.Learn More ›
Eligibility & Process
- Applicant’s must work or reside in the service area of the Edwardsville YMCA. The service area is defined as the area that is in the boundaries of the Edwardsville School District.
- Assistance will be granted on the basis of financial need. Eligibility criteria are based on the family income guidelines used by the Edwardsville Community School District # 7 for the school lunch program. Those applicants for financial assistance for youth memberships and programs will be required to provide a signature from a parent or guardian to verify eligibility.
- Applicants have an opportunity to provide information on any extraordinary expenses and/or situations that may pertain to their eligibility for financial assistance.
- The YMCA believes a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the financial assistance recipient has contributed to the cost of their YMCA involvement. Therefore, applicants will be asked to pay a portion of the fee for the requested service.
- Financial Assistance Request Forms are available at all of our facilities and online.
- Completed forms and required income documentation must be turned in to the Membership Records Administrator at the YMCA Niebur (Esic Center). An application interview may be required before financial assistance is granted.
- All financial assistance request records will be kept confidential.
We want to provide services to all those who desire and request it regardless of their ability to pay the associated fees. Those unable to pay fees may be awarded financial assistance. The amount of assistance provided to an individual or family will be based on their documented ability to pay and other factors outlined in this policy.
Financial Assistance & Scholarships
The Edwardsville YMCA has established reasonable membership and program fees. We realize that some individuals and families from our community may not be in a financial position to use our services. We believe we have a responsibility to provide the assistance necessary to make sure local District #7 residents have access to the YMCA. Please contact the YMCA for financial assistance information. Scholarship program made possible by support from the United Way and the YMCA Annual Campaign.
To make it more convenient for our members to fill out the Financial Assistance Request Form, we have made it available at both facilities as well as on-line.
In order to fill out the form online please follow the following steps:
- Download both the Financial Assistance Request Form & the Member Application Form
- Fill out both forms
- Save the completed forms to your computer
- Send an email to the Edwardsville YMCA’s Membership Department, Erin Richardson at email@example.com with the completed Financial Assistance Request Form and Membership Application attached.