School-aged Child Care Health & Safety Guidelines
Thank you for your patience, as we continue to thoroughly evaluate our next steps regarding Summer Camp. As you know, the safety of our campers and staff is our top priority. In accordance with the governor’s Restore IL plan, there will be some significant changes to camp this year. Please note that we will not be taking offsite field trips and our usual YMCA activities such as swimming, gymnastics, skating, and climbing will not open for use. We are committed to offering school-aged child care to the best of our ability within established social distancing guidelines, for those who need it, but our focus this year is on health and safety.
Tentatively, school-aged child care is scheduled to begin Monday, June 15, at the Meyer Center. We will be following all CDC, ACA, YUSA, local health department and state guidelines, which means camp will be a little different this summer to ensure the health and safety of our campers.
• School-aged child care will be open 7:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
• Registration will open as soon as we have clear guidance from the state regarding maximum capacity and group size.
• Limited number of total campers due to spacing/occupancy guidelines.
• Check-in and check-out will be conducted outside in a car line style.
• All campers will have their temperatures checked at check-in and mid-day. Temperature must be below 100.4 to remain at camp.
• Any camper with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to return for two weeks. Camper can be readmitted with a note signed by a physician or a negative COVID-19 test.
• Campers must wash/sanitize hands before and after each activity/meal.
• Camp groups will be limited to a 2:8 ratio.
• Campers will eat and complete activities with their camp group only.
• Campers should not bring their own lunches, except with pre-approval in cases of allergies. LUNCHES WILL BE PROVIDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO CAMPERS FOR THIS SUMMER.
• All campers must bring a refillable water bottle with them.
• We will not be conducting field trips. Outside vendors will not provide activities for campers.
• Camp activities will take place primarily outdoors, except in cases of inclement weather.
• School-aged child care is the only program that will be open. Swimming, gymnastics, climbing, and skating will not be open for use.
• There will be heightened cleaning throughout the day, including daily deep disinfecting for camp areas.
We will continually review our guidelines throughout the summer and make any changes as necessary. Any revisions to our guidelines will be communicated through email, our website, social media and Kid Kiosk.
NEW THIS SUMMER!
Due to Covid-19, we have online registration available. Our camp in 2020 is MEMBERS ONLY!
NOTE: Specialty Camps are available to register online for Members Only.
- Completed Registration Form (one per child) REQUIRED (link to pdf form)
- Copy of Immunization Records (NOTE: IL State Law requires the YMCA to collect immunization records from each Summer Camper – effective Summer 2020.)
- Credit/debit card to enroll in automatic draft REQUIRED (checking account drafts require a voided check to be attached)
- $25 non-refundable deposit per week per child REQUIRED
- There are a limited number of spaces per grade level. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you register for all your weeks at once to guarantee a spot for your child.
Age & Grade Requirements
Campers must be a minimum age of 5 AND be exiting Kindergarten, while Teens must be no older than 14 AND exiting 8TH grade (entering freshman year). All campers must be potty trained & be able to change into and out of their swimwear independently. Campers will be placed in the grade they just completed.
If medication is necessary during camp hours, the medication, along with a doctor’s note, must be given to the camp nurse by the parent in its original packaging. Campers may not keep prescription or over-the-counter medications with them. Medication forms are available at the Service Desk.
Campers With Special Needs
If your camper has special needs and you believe they will need extra assistance please email our Camp Director, Jason Maclin at email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
We try to accommodate campers’ special needs whenever possible and would love to meet with you before registration to discuss potential accommodations.
Due to the high level of physical activity involved in camp every day, we require campers to wear comfortable, closed-toed athletic shoes with socks. PLEASE NO FLIP-FLOPS, SANDALS OR CROCS!
We will provide roller skates for campers or they may bring their skates from home.
Campers swim twice a week & need to bring their swimwear, towel & sunscreen.
- Monday & Wednesday
- Kindergarten, 2nd & 4th grade
- Tuesday & Thursday
- 1st, 3rd & 5th grade
- Monday – Thursday
- Teen Camp: 6th, 7th & 8th grade
Camp Weeks & Themes
The Edwardsville YMCA Summer Camps have provided thousands of children in our community with a camp experience they never forget. We offer a very active on-site day camp, held at the 116,000 square foot Meyer Center, for children from Kindergarten to fifth grade, a Teen Adventure Camp for sixth through eighth graders, and a variety of preschool camps at our Niebur facility. We will be offering a wide range of activities that you have come to expect along with exciting new opportunities to enhance your summer camp experience. Each Friday has a special event or field trip and if that isn’t enough, we also offer over 95 specialty camps for everyone to enjoy!
Summer Camp is a passion of the YMCA and we hope your children become enriched over the summer to explore new areas where they can build a passion, uncover a hidden talent, and make memories that will last a lifetime.
(Activity Day Camp)
|Activity Day Camp|
|1||June 1st – 5th||Dive Into Summer|
|2||June 8th – 12th||Catch A Wave|
|3||June 15th – 19th||Under The Sea|
|4||June 22nd – 26th||Surf’s Up|
|5||June 29th – July 3rd||Splish Splash|
|6||July 6th – 10th||Endless Summer|
|7||July 13th – 17th||Fun In The Sun|
|8||July 20th – 24th||Soak Up The Summer|
|9||July 27th – 31st||Water Water Everywhere|
|10||August 3rd – 7th||Onto The Next Adventure|
*Due to the number of snow days, we will have Activity Day Camp on May 29th.
If the number of snow days taken by Edwardsville District 7 increases past their
scheduled dismissal at the time of publication, we will not have any camp on those
scheduled school days.
Arrival & Dismissal
Campers may arrive any time after 6:15AM. Campers must be signed out by a parent or guardian by 6:00PM. ($1 per minute per child late fee will be charged for each minute after 6:00PM). For the safety of your camper, guardians must sign their camper in and out each and every time they come to camp.
- NEW this summer is Kid Kiosk. It is an easy automated system that will help keep the process running smoothly. Each Sunday before your campers signed up week(s), the 2 primary guardians will receive an email with a unique pin number in order to sign your camper in and out of camp each day. (Please ensure you provide a correct email address.)
- We ask all parents/guardians to remain in the “Pick Up and Drop Off Area” located directly in front of the camp desk when dropping off.
- Valid photo ID is required by anyone picking a child up from camp.
- Anyone picking up a child from camp MUST be on the child’s authorized pick up list.
Ask a staff member or director and we will happily address your questions/concerns.
Field Trips & Lunches
Field trips are usually scheduled on Fridays and campers are grouped as follows:
- Kindergarten & 1st grade
- 2nd & 3rd grades
- 4th & 5th grades
Trip details, departure times and other information will be provided the week of the scheduled trip. A list is available at the camp/service desks and online.
Snacks, Lunch & Menu
A morning and afternoon snack are included in the weekly cost of camp. Campers have two options to choose from at snack time, or they may bring their own from home.
Lunches may be purchased at either the Camp Desk or Service Desk, or included in your automatic draft. ($3 each, or upsized for teens for $1 more) Lunches may be brought from home, but keep in mind that campers will not have microwave or refrigerator access, nor are they permitted to access the vending machines. A cold
drink is provided at no cost during lunch time.
We have two rotating menus which are published at the camp desk, online and emailed in our weekly newsletter.View Lunch Menu
|Weekly Fee (5 Day Week)||$140||Weekly Fee (5 Day Week)||$180|
|Weekly Draft||$115||Weekly Draft||$155|
There is not a multiple child discount for Non-Members! A Great reason for your family to become members!
|MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT (MEMBERS ONLY)|
|Weekly Fee (Per Add. Child)||$126|
Holiday Weeks & Food:
Holiday Weeks: We do not have any camp weeks that are affected by holidays this year.
|HOLIDAY WEEK (PRO-RATED)|
|Multiple Child Discount||$100.80|
|2 Snacks – Included In Weekly Fee|
|Total For Full Week||$15|
For YMCA staffing and safety ratio compliance purposes, we require a $25 non-refundable deposit per child, per registered week. The remainder of the week’s camp fee will be automatically drafted from your designated account on the Monday of the week that your child attends camp.
Required Weekly Bank/Debit/Credit Card Draft
We require weekly day camp fees to be automatically withdrawn from a checking account or debit/credit card. When registering, please bring the card you wish to use or a voided check, if drafting from a checking account. The remaining fee will be deducted directly from your checking or credit/debit card account on the Monday of each week reserved.
Keep Payments Up To Date
Please keep your card & bank information on file up to date. Declined/expired card transactions or cases of insufficient funds will be assessed a $15 bank handling fee.
Any changes to automatic withdrawal must be received at the Meyer Center no later than close on the Wednesday prior to the week that your child will be attending.
Campers with an outstanding balance due to a declined automatic draft will not be able to attend camp.
Changes to Registered Weeks: Deposits are non-refundable; however, they may be transferred from one week to another by submitting a Camp Week Transfer Form (available at Niebur (Esic) or Meyer Service Desks).
Camp Week Transfers must be submitted by the Friday prior to week of requested change.
A $5 fee applies to each Camp Week Transfer form submitted.
Each week added after the initial registration must be paid in full (cash, check, or charge) at the time of the addition.
We do accept CHASI as a form of payment. Written approval from the CHASI office will be required before the child starts camp. Please submit your CHASI application as soon as possible because approval can take several weeks. Campers using CHASI as payment can only attend the number of days approved by CHASI. Additional days must be paid for by the family separately.
We require that you put a $25 deposit per child per week (refundable upon approval). If you are denied CHASI & still would like assistance with payment, please fill out a Y Camp Financial Assistance Form available at the Service Desk at both our Meyer & Niebur (Esic)Centers.
Teen Adventure Camp
LET’S MAKE A SPLASH AT TEEN CAMP THIS SUMMER!
We offer Teen Adventure Camp for those campers that have completed 6th, 7th & 8th grades. It allows teens to take responsibility for themselves & become confident, trustworthy members of our adult community.
The teens begin each day in their private recreational area then they will plan their day with their friends by choosing from a variety of activities. They will also have opportunities to travel out into the community to perform service projects at many local institutions, not to mention other fun traditions like the cardboard boat regatta!
Private Recreational Area Amenities
Lounge • Foosball • Air Hockey • Ping Pong • Pool Table • Four Square • Big-Screen TV With Video Games & Movies
Variety Of Activities
Skating • Rock Climbing • Gymnastics • Swimming • Fitness Center Time • Sports • And More!
For lunch, teens have the option to upsize their lunch which provides two servings of the day’s entree, two sides & a drink for a $1 more (payable in cash on that day). Snacks are included with camp registration.
The teen’s field trips are traditionally taken every Thursday to places such as The Edge, Six Flags & Edison’s.
Don’t be bored at home this summer – come join our teens for a busy & gratifying experience!