Why Join The Y?
At the Y, we all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose. Because the Y is for everyone, we bring together parents and kids like no other organization. Children can begin learning a sport from a young age and hone their skills that can last a lifetime. Adults have the opportunity to try new things either for themselves or with their children.
From family programs to game nights, the Y provides endless possibilities for families to spend quality time together. With the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility, you’re part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
A YMCA membership gives you so much more than access to our facilities!
It helps you lead a healthier lifestyle by building relationships, providing a way for you to be a part of your community & helping you to help others. It sets you on the path to good health in spirit, mind, and body, helping you to enjoy living a full and balanced life.
You will get great workouts through our programs and equipment at both the Niebur (Esic) & Meyer Centers. This gives you access to all YMCA programs, either included in your membership or at a reduced rate.
Full Privilege Membership
- Unlimited Access To Fitness Centers In Both Locations (Ages 12 & Up)
- Member Only Early Registration Opportunities
- Reduced Rates On YMCA Programs & Activities
- FREE Child Watch Services
- FREE Water Exercise Classes (Check Schedule For Times) *NEW*
- FREE Pickleball (Check Schedule For Times) *NEW*
- FREE Open Rock Wall Climbing (Check Schedule For Times)
- FREE Racquetball & Wallyball Court Time (Check Schedule For Times) (Ages 12 & Up)
- FREE Drop-In Group Fitness Classes (Excludes Yoga – Ages 12 & Up)
- FREE Family Fun Nights
- Access To Scheduled Areas During “Members Only” Times
- Unlimited Use Of The Walking Track
- Open Gymnasium, Swim, Skate & Tennis (Scheduled Times, Fees May Apply)
- Access To Spinning Classes & Personal Training (Fees Charged)
- Guest Passes
- Privilege of having access to other participating YMCA’s in the United States via Nationwide Membership (link to membership type page anchored at nationwide section)
- Please note that the basic membership benefits DO NOT include the use of the fitness center areas at Niebur (Esic) or Meyer.
- Free or reduced rates on most YMCA programs & Activities
- Discounted Child Watch Services
- Access to Scheduled areas during “Members Only “ times
- Member only early registration opportunities
- Open gymnasium & open swim (scheduled times only)
- Open skate & open tennis (scheduled times only)
- Open rock wall climbing (scheduled times only)
- Free Family Fun Nights
- Privilege of renting racquetball/wallyball courts (ages 12 & up)
Full Privilege Membership Types
- Youth Membership
- Individual Membership
- Family Membership
- Senior Membership
- Nationwide Membership
In addition to the full privilege membership the YMCA offers a basic membership option.Learn More
Special Membership Offerings
We are proud to offer Special Memberships for qualifying applicants including military and first responders.Learn More ›
Operating Policies & Forms
A MESSAGE ABOUT COVID-19 and FLU
The Edwardsville YMCA is committed to maintaining a clean and healthy environment for everyone. We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the flu, and taking precautions to help keep our Y community safe.
At the Y, we believe in healthy living. In many ways, that starts with a clean environment. Each Edwardsville YMCA branch is cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis, with heavy use common areas such as locker rooms and child care sites cleaned more frequently. We are making sure hand sanitizer and hand wipes are available to members and staff, posting safety reminders throughout the building, and encouraging staff and members experiencing any symptoms affiliated with these illnesses to stay away from the Y and immediately seek medical attention.
Should this issue escalate in our community, we have a plan in place that outlines necessary steps both in prevention and our response. Health officials advise the best way to prevent Coronavirus is to practice the same good hygiene steps used to prevent the common cold and flu:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. For information about handwashing, see the CDC’s Handwashing website.
- Use the disinfectant wipes to wipe down equipment (weights, floor machines, etc.) after each use.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you’re sick or feeling sick, stay home.