Why Join The Y?
At the Y, we all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose. Because the Y is for everyone, we bring together parents and kids like no other organization. Children can begin learning a sport from a young age and hone their skills that can last a lifetime. Adults have the opportunity to try new things either for themselves or with their children.
From family programs to game nights, the Y provides endless possibilities for families to spend quality time together. With the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility, you’re part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership gives you and your community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
A YMCA membership gives you so much more than access to our facilities! It helps you lead a healthier lifestyle by building relationships, providing a way for you to be a part of your community & helping you to help others. It sets you on the path to good health in spirit, mind, and body, helping you to enjoy living a full and balanced life.
You will get great workouts through our programs and equipment at both the Niebur (Esic) & Meyer Centers. This gives you access to all YMCA programs, either included in your membership or at a reduced rate.
Mission Membership (Formerly Full Privilege)
- Unlimited Access To Fitness Centers In Both Locations (Ages 12 & Up)
- Member Only Early Registration Opportunities
- Reduced Rates On YMCA Programs & Activities
- FREE Child Watch Services
- FREE Water Exercise Classes (Check Schedule For Times)
- FREE Pickleball (Check Schedule For Times)
- FREE Open Rock Wall Climbing (Check Schedule For Times)
- FREE Racquetball & Wallyball Court Time (Check Schedule For Times) (Ages 12 & Up)
- FREE Drop-In Group Fitness Classes (Ages 12 & Up)
- Now Includes: Spin, Yoga & Barre classes!
- FREE Family Fun Nights
- Access To Scheduled Areas During “Members Only” Times
- Unlimited Use Of The Walking Track
- Open Gymnasium, Swim, Skate & Tennis (Scheduled Times, Fees May Apply)
- Access To Spinning Classes & Personal Training (Fees Charged)
- Guest Passes (Coming As A Guest? Click Here To Create Your Account!)
- Members 18+ Can Bring A Guest When They Visit
- 1 Guest At A Time Per Member
- Guest Can Only Come 5 Times Per Year No Matter Who Brings Them Each Time
- Privilege of having access to other participating YMCA’s in the United States via Nationwide Membership (link to membership type page anchored at nationwide section)
Mission (Full Privilege) Membership Types
- Older Youth/Young Adult Membership (Ages 11 – 24)
- Adult Individual Membership (Ages 25 – 61)
- Household Membership (2 Adults & Youth Under 25)
- 1 Adult Household Membership (1 Adult & Youth Under 25)
- 2 Adult Household Membership (2 Adults, No Youth)
- Senior Individual Membership (Ages 62+)
- Senior Household Membership (Ages 62+)
Part Of The Cause Membership
The NEW Part Of The Cause Membership is designed to offer individuals and families who take program classes a discount and access to the early member registration times. In order to use the facility for the day, you will need to purchase a $5 day pass. For those that use the facility more to workout, swim, play basketball – a Mission Membership would be the better option.
Individual Or Household
Up To 2 Adults + Youth Under 25
Monthly Bank Draft
Special Membership Offerings
We are proud to offer Special Memberships for qualifying applicants including military and first responders, active older adults and college students.Learn More ›
24 Hour Fitness Center Access
This Offering Will Keep You Up All Night!
We have our Niebur Fitness Center Open for 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week! You can get your workout in when it fits your schedule!
You can add this onto your Mission Membership for only $2 extra a month per person ($10 if you are a SilverSneakers/Renew Active Member). This is only for those 18 years and older.
Sign up by visiting the Niebur Center Front Desk today!
As a member with 24 hour access, you may use the Edwardsville YMCA’s Niebur Fitness Center at any time. If using the facility prior to the YMCA closing for the evening and you want to stay for extended hours, you will be required to exit the facility at our normal closing time and re-enter using the 24 hour access point using your mobile check-in device.
After Y staff leave the building, the following rooms will be not be accessible:
• Downstairs & Upstairs Group Fitness Studios
• Spin Studio
• Racquetball Room
• Indoor Pools
• Locker Rooms
• ChildWatch Area
• Offices and Front Desk Area
• Meyer Center Facility
We HIGHLY recommend that you have an adult workout partner, who has a membership with the Edwardsville YMCA and has obtained their Mobile Pass, accompany you while using the Niebur Center 24 Hour facility, but it is entirely up to you. You have agreed to obtain a 24/7 membership which will allow you access to the Fitness Center outside of staffed hours of operation. As such, you are aware that there will be no supervision or assistance when using these facilities outside of the YMCA’s staffed hours of operation. You are also aware that if you are injured, become unconscious, suffer a stroke or heart attack, that there will likely be no one to respond to your emergency and this facility has no duty to provide assistance to you. Even though this facility is equipped with surveillance cameras, it is likely that should you require immediate assistance, none will be provided. Because physical exercise can be strenuous and subject to risk of serious injury, the Edwardsville YMCA urges you to obtain a physical examination from a doctor before using any exercise equipment or participating in any exercise activity. You agree that if you engage in any physical exercise or activity, or use any Edwardsville YMCA amenity on the premises, you do so entirely at your own risk. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in the use of this facility and assume all risks of injury, illness, or death.
The Edwardsville YMCA is also not responsible for any loss of your personal property either inside or outside the facility.
Honor Code Policy
With the addition of 24 hour access, the YMCA is adopting a strict honor code based on YMCA values of honesty, respect, caring and responsibility. If members fail to abide by the policies established, their 24 hour access and membership will be revoked with no refunds given. These policies are in place for the safety and security of our members and deviations from our values are deemed inappropriate to our mission.
The 24 hour access is an 18 or older adult only benefit. 24 hour access will only be granted to those who meet the age requirement. Parents should not give their Mobile Pass info to anyone under the age of 18. Members who violate this policy will lose their membership privileges.
Guests are only allowed in the YMCA during normal business hours when a YMCA staff member is on duty. No guests are allowed to utilize the 24 hour access, as it is a program for members only. Members who bring guests to the Y with their 24 hour Mobile Pass will lose their membership privileges. YMCA Nationwide Members cannot participate in the 24 hour access without becoming a member of the Edwardsville YMCA.
Safety & Security
Please be aware that your Mobile Pass is to be used only for your own personal entrance into the facility. Members with 24 hour access cannot grant access to others, even if they are known to you. This is required so the YMCA can track who is in the building at all times. Granting access to another individual is grounds for immediate termination of membership.
The YMCA has installed a 24 hour video recording system for security purposes. It will be reviewed on a daily basis to address any security concerns and monitor who is entering the building. Please note that this system does not provide staffing assistance for any emergency that might arise during the normal operating hours. A telephone is located in the Fitness Center area in case of emergency. The YMCA’s address and emergency phone numbers are posted near the phone for easy access. In the event of an emergency, immediately dial 911. Emergency personnel will be able to access the building during non-business hours.
The Edwardsville YMCA reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check on any individual requesting 24-hour access and terminate 24 hour access for any cause.
During non-staffed hours on winter weather days, snow/ice removal will not be in place until normal operating hours when staff are present. Members with 24 hour access can utilize the Niebur Fitness Center but at their own risk from the elements (if needing shelter for severe weather, please use the stairwell to shelter in place).
In cases of a power outage, you will not be able to access the facilities.
The Edwardsville YMCA reserves the right to close the facility (including 24 hour access) as the situation warrants.
Part Of The Cause Day Pass
The NEW Part Of The Cause Membership is designed to offer individuals and families who take program classes a discount and access to the early member registration times. In order to use the facility for the day, you will need to purchase a $5 day pass. For those that use the facility on a near daily basis to workout, swim or play basketball – a Mission Membership would be the best option.
Household Unit (Up To 2 Adults + Youth Under 25)
Allows Access To:
- Fitness Centers (Open Hours)
- Basketball Gym (Open Hours)
- Drop-In Fitness Classes (See Schedule)
- Pools (See Schedule)
- Racquetball (Schedule Time At Niebur)
- Pickleball (See Schedule)
- Open Climb (See Schedule)
Non-Member 7 Day Pass
The 7 Day Pass is FREE for non-member individuals 18+ or the whole family. This allows you to try out the facilities as a Mission Member for 7 consecutive days.
- Only obtainable one time a year
- Must take a tour of the facility before getting the pass
- Allowed to use the facility in the following areas:
- Fitness Centers
- Drop-in Group Fitness & Spin Classes
- Walking Track
- Climbing Wall
- Child Watch
- Member Rates Apply For:
- Gymnastics Open Gym
- Non-Member Rates Apply For:
- Sessional Classes
Visit the Front Desk to obtain your 7 Day Pass.
Operating Policies & Forms
A MESSAGE ABOUT COVID-19 and FLU
The Edwardsville YMCA is committed to maintaining a clean and healthy environment for everyone. We are closely monitoring information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the flu, and taking precautions to help keep our Y community safe.
At the Y, we believe in healthy living. In many ways, that starts with a clean environment. Each Edwardsville YMCA branch is cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis, with heavy use common areas such as locker rooms and child care sites cleaned more frequently. We are making sure hand sanitizer and hand wipes are available to members and staff, posting safety reminders throughout the building, and encouraging staff and members experiencing any symptoms affiliated with these illnesses to stay away from the Y and immediately seek medical attention.
Should this issue escalate in our community, we have a plan in place that outlines necessary steps both in prevention and our response. Health officials advise the best way to prevent Coronavirus is to practice the same good hygiene steps used to prevent the common cold and flu:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. For information about handwashing, see the CDC’s Handwashing website.
- Use the disinfectant wipes to wipe down equipment (weights, floor machines, etc.) after each use.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you’re sick or feeling sick, stay home.